Saturday, March 11, 2017

Old Dad's Records Episode 6, Baker Street



I've just posted my sixth episode of my podcast. I had to take a week off due to a dire illness, and you can still hear me coughing in this episode. For the song I went with "Baker Street," one I have written about on this blog before. It is a song about moving somewhere looking for your big break and not finding it, something I can definitely relate to from my time in academia. It was a song that was a friend to me during a particularly dark night of my soul. I also discuss Rod Stewart's first album and why I live his early stuff so much, as well as contemporary band Vulfpeck.

Right now I am trying to figure out my upcoming lineup. My main issue is that I keep wondering whether the individual song I am choosing to lead off the episode is enough of a "hit" to qualify. In the future I might start getting less orthodox about the format.

https://soundcloud.com/jason-tebbe/old-dads-records-baker-street

No comments: